Friday, December 3, 2010

Gilbert and George


I was amazed by the performance of Gilbert and George from the short documentary we saw in class. I am not sure if it was because of their age or their passionate ability of expression. The dances, music, and sculpture pieces displaying the two were fabulous.

 I really enjoyed the singing sculpture. Very ingenius of using kenitic motion and ryhtmn with a little touch of metallic powder to renact the Tinman or Robot motions. I also admired how Gilbert and George work well together since they are of different origin. George from England and Gilbert from Italy. Amazing how the pai came close and bonded to perform in the arts. 

I really like the portraits I've seen in class and online of Gilbert/George displaying the wonders of a free life with expression. You have to admire the bright colors in foreground/backgrounds in their art works.  

Alot of their pictures I envison could be stain glass in a chapel or some mystical place in the near future. I am amazed also by the serious and humorous attitude approach the duo use. It works well in their performances. I hope to someday see them live.

No comments:

Post a Comment