Friday, December 3, 2010

Vienna Aktionists

Now I can't really understand how gore and mutulation of people eating, causing pain, or going to the bathroom in severe unique ways (Tried to say it nicely) is considered art.

However like Dada, art is a revolution to new beginnings and imaginations of what artists want to unleash. The Vienna Aktionists movement was just extreme in those methods.

I did catch a glimpse of the site Santi gave us and was planning on going into further exploring it, but after I caught a glimpse of the man eating and throwing up. I had a little too much.

That feeling to me gave a unique insight to art. If we detest something, thinking it is inhumane, disgusting, or down right insane. Are we to judge these people as artists or a group of severe disorders.

Reason I ask, is because of our culture values are constantly changing, yet we still rely on DADA as well as the many contemporary, renaissance, and romantic artists. This comes down to my beginning post Art to me is in the eyes of beholder and if the artist shows emotional methodogy to it, it to me is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment