Monday, October 11, 2010

MZTV-Felix and World of Tomorrow

Alot of good info for this site on the history of television. The World of the Tommorrow reminded me of the Carousel of Progress in Disney, of how the common home and inventions change overage in the house of a middle aged man. I got these memories from the aspects of how technology always advances itself in a fictional view, before it becomes non-fiction. The muesum had alot of Disney views of how the world will futurize in technology. Same for cartoons, like Tex Averys "House/Car of Tommorrow". He must have a thing for mother in laws.




I also didn't know that Felix was before Mickey and Bugs Bunny. Especially being a sample used in 1928 television sets. Interesting... Felix like Mickey and Bugs was also introduced when color television came to play.



Here is the first colorized version I've seen and was actually the Movie for it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsN7Ev6Kpnw

(I don't know why by he reminds me of a high pitched Ellen DeGeneries. Interesting)

First was the radio. But today, and throughout history, we spend the weeks away in front of the boob tube.

Righteeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment